Tumblr’s popularity over the last year has increased exponentially. The reason why is quite simple: Tumblr is flexible, powerful, and, most importantly, a pleasure to work with. Unfortunately, there aren’t many training resources available for the platform yet. In this video series, we’ll go through the process of taking a Tumblr theme, designed in Photoshop, and converting it into a fully working theme – in just a few hours.
To take advantage of this mammoth video series, become a Premium member!
Watch the Intro
The Full Series
- Chapter 1: Intro
- Chapter 2: Slicing the Design
- Chapter 3: Creating the Markup and Adding the Tumblr Template Tags
- Chapter 4: Adding the CSS
- Chapter 5: Configuration Options
- Chapter 6: @Font-Face and Custom Fonts
- Chapter 7: Slide-out Panel – HTML and CSS
- Chapter 8: Slide-out Panel – jQuery
Thanks to Kate Payton for submitting the design for this tutorial.
Join Net Premium
For those unfamiliar, the family of TUTS sites runs a premium membership service. For $9 per month, you gain access to exclusive premium tutorials, screencasts, and freebies from Nettuts+, Psdtuts+, Aetuts+, Audiotuts+, and Vectortuts+! For the price of a pizza, you’ll learn from some of the best minds in the business. Join today!
- How to Create an App with the Myows API
- Adding MP3 Files to WordPress Themes
- Manage, Publish and Embed Videos with VP Factory
- How to Design a Website with Fireworks: New Plus Tutorial
- Pantheon: A Premium WordPress Theme